Monday, February 1, 2016

Most Anticipated February Releases


So I thought I'd start off this month by sharing my top 10 books that I'm anticipating this month. 

Just a couple things: 

I'll include a brief synopsis of most of the books listed but if it's part of a series I'll leave out the synopsis to avoid spoilers.

There are books that come out March 1st that I've included because my March Releases post won't go live until a couple days after March 1st. 

Books marked with a "~" are ones that have been sent to me to review.

These are listed in order of excitement from least to most.

Here we go! 

10. These Vicious Masks By Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas ~ 

Release Date: February 9th  


I don't know a ton about this book, the cover is what caught my eye, but then I heard it's being pitched as Jane Austen meets the X-men so that's all I really need to know!





9. You Were Here By Cori McCarthy 

Release Date: March 1st 

Jaycee is going to live past graduation, unlike her brother Jake. Well.. Maybe.. The only way she can deal with her brothers death is by recreating the very daredevil stunts that got him killed. Content to do this alone she's shocked to find a group of unlikely friends who all have their own reasons for wanting to complete the dares. 


This sounds like Lauren Oliver's "Panic" meets  Gayle Foreman's "I Was Here" so I'll definatly be picking this up!  

8. Firstlife By Gena Showalter 

Release Date: February 23rd 

Firstlife is a dress rehearsal. Everlife is is when your real life begins, after death. Tenley Lockwood refuses to let her parents choose where she'll live after death. She wants to be able to choose between the two ruling realms but even given the choice she doesn't know where she wants to end up, or worse, where the boy she's falling for will end up.

Yes please! This premise is killer and it's by Gena Showalter so of course I know I'm going to love it! 

7. The Leaving Season By Cat Jordan 

Release Date: March 1st

Middie Daniels calls it the leaving season, the time of year everyone graduates, packs up their bags and never looks back. Her boyfriend, Nate, is leaving this time, to volunteer for a year, but after that she'll be leaving too. With him. But when tragedy strikes she finds herself leaning on the shoulder of Nate's best friend Lee and she realizes that no matter the season, love can pull you through the hardest of times.   

6. Take The Fall 

Release Date: February 16th 

When Sonia and her best friend Gretchen are attacked in the woods Sonia is lucky to make it out alive, Gretchen however is discovered at the bottom of a waterfall dead. Suspect #1 is Gretchen's ex, Marcus. When Marcus asks for help clearing his name Sonia agrees, but only to find damning evidence against him. However when she starts falling for him she begins to wonder, if it wasn't him that day in the forest, who was it?  

One word- NEED!

5. The Shadow Queen By C.J. Redwine ~ 

Release Date: February 16th

Confession time. I don't like retellings. Something about them always turns me off. Which is why I still haven't read Splintered or Cinder (don't fret, I will this year! I promise!.) But this book sounds so good I can't help but add it to my list. 
Long synopsis short, this is a Snow White retelling where the princess "Lorelai" must kill the evil queen to save her kingdom. Oh and there's a love interest so... YAY!!! 

4. Blackhearts By Nicole Castroman ~ 

Release Date: February 9th

A debut novel that tells the story of Edward "Teach" and Anne Barrett, their love, and how heartbreak turns Teach into one of the most infamous pirates in history- Blackbeard. 
Honestly do I have to say anything else to get you to pick up this book? Because I know I'm HOOKED already! 


3. In Real Life By Jessica Love 

Release Date: March 1st 

 Hannah and Nick have been best friends since 8th grade, even though they've never met. Senior year Hannah decides to road trip to Vegas and confess her love for him, only problem is, when she gets there, she meets his girlfriend who he never mentioned. 
I love contemporaries so of course this is number 3 on my list. It also doesn't hurt that Emory Lord blurbed it!

2. Glass Sword By Victoria Aveyard 

Release Date: February 9th
----------------
I LOVED The Red Queen so. Freaking. Much! I've been counting down the days until I could get my hands on this beauty and if Brandon Sanderson didn't have a book coming out this month then Glass Sword would be my number 1 anticipated book for February. 


1. Calamity By Brandon Sanderson. 

Release Date: February 16th 

  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to read this book! If you haven't been introduced to the awesomeness that is Brandon Sanderson yet then I HIGHLY recommend you start with his Reckoners series!
I do have a review up for the second book in the series but it does have spoilers so I'd save it until you've caught up on the series. 

And there you have it! 

Let me know what you think and if I missed a book that you're really excited about then let me know so I can add it to my ever growing pile! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

1 comment:

  1. Great choices! For me it feels like it's Christmas this month. Especially today is an amazing release day. Enjoy reading the wonderful February releases. x

    ReplyDelete