Friday, February 12, 2016

Stacking The Shelves (39)



"We are all book lovers and the need to share our enthusiasm is sometimes overwhelming. Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in the physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! 

If you're anything like me, you are probably hoarding books and even though you are excited about your latest book arrival, it might be a while before you get to review it and Stacking The Shelves is a good way to express your undying enthusiasm for those titles."

I got sent 3 books this week for review and I bought 2. First up are the review books! 

1. It Wasn't Always Like This 



Emma O'Neill is trapped in time. After taking part of an experimental vaccine her, and her family stop aging along with the Ryan's. Emma should be worried, but being 17 with Charles Ryan forever doesn't sound like a bad thing. Until a religious cult tries killing them all. 

This book comes out May 17th and I'm already wanting to pick it up! It sounds so good and it sounds like it's got everything I love in a book! 

2. Signs Of You 


This one is hard to summarize and I feel like it's going to be a hard book to review, but from what I can tell it's about a girl who loses her mother and joins a support group for teens. Then her, and others in the group start seeing their loved ones (who have passed) in random places. Then a member of the group disappears prompting a search? I'm doing an awful job describing this but it sounds amazing and you should go look it up! 

This on comes out July 19th 

Lastly is The Island 


The summery on this book is SO SHORT! I almost didn't request it because I honestly have no idea what its about. The only thing it gave me was something along the lines of "A girl trapped on a island but find shelter, food and a water supply with the help of the only other crash surivor." I don't know where this book is set or when but I'm such a sucker for a survival story that I had to get it! 

It comes out September 13th 

Now for the 2 I purchased! 

First up (shocking I know) Glass Sword 



Now as I write this I haven't read it yet, I have about 50 pages left in my re-read of Red Queen but I'm SO excited to jump into this and re-entering Victoria's world of Reds and Silvers is just making the anticipation that much bigger! Since it's a sequel there's not a synopsis but if you haven't read Red Queen yet... What are you waiting for? 

And last book that I purchased is a book from Audible. 

Audible had a sale this past week where most of their series starters were 4.95! So I jumped at the change to grab The Queen of The Tearling! 



All I know about this book is that it's about a young princess who has to reclaim her throne. That and the movie adaptation of this is starring... Emma Watson! SO of course I needed it in my life. 

And that's it! Let me know if you've heard of any of these and I'll talk to you soon! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment