Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Top (Four) 10 Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is Top 10 Books I've Enjoyed Recently That Weren't My Typical Genre/Type 

So I just went through what books I've read so far in 2016 and picked a couple that weren't my typical go to books. 

Right now I've read 28 books since the beginning of the year and I have 4 books that fit this topic. 

1. Me Before You


 Usually I leave the 'ugly cry' books up to Nicholas Sparks but when I saw the preview for the movie adaptation of this book I knew I needed to read it! I went out, bought it and read it all within about 24 hours of seeing the trailer.  

2. The Assassin's Blade 


 I love high fantasy but it's very intimidating! So even though I've already read Throne Of Glass I've been putting off reading the prequel which means I've been putting off all the other books in the series. Silly me these were some of my all time favorite novella's and I feel like it really helped me to get to know Celaena and her reasoning. 

3. Sword and Verse 

This is just a book that I don't normally gravitate towards but it was a very pleasant surprise! 

4. The Shadow Queen 



So if you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I try very hard to stay away from re-tellings, but I've decided to change that this year and this book helped me do it! I loved everything about it and I can't say enough about how much I LOVED it! 

-------------------

A short post, but Top 4 is better than nothing! 

Happy Tuesday! 

Until next time,
Ginger

3 comments:

  1. Assassin's Blade was so good! I really want to read The Shadow Queen and Sword and Verse.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/top-ten-tuesday-45/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Me Before You - I have heard such good things about it! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to read Me Before You as well, mostly because the trailer for the movie looked interesting. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete