Sunday, February 7, 2016

January Wrap UP!

I'm really embracing the snow for this months 'theme' so I hope you guys like it! 
Here's my January Wrap Up! 





1. Sweet Reckoning: The conclusion to Wendy Higgins "Sweet Series". I listen to this one on Audible and I LOVED it. 

2. Shade Me: The first book in the new "Nikki Kill" series. If you like Veronica Mars you will love this book! 

3. See Me: Nicholas Sparks isn't everyone's cup of tea, but dammit, he's mine! I read this book in one sitting! 




 1. Slammed: I've only ever come across one Colleen Hoover book that I didn't like and this was not it! While I didn't give it 5 stars it was without a doubt one of my favorite books I read (listened to) this month. 

2. The Assassin and the Pirate Lord: This was for my TBR Challenge (read a prequel)and it was a quick, fun read. I'm currently reading The Assassin and the Healer so that will be in my February Wrap Up Post. 

3. Sword and Verse: This was a really pleasant surprise for me! I didn't know anything about this book going into it and I flew through it! I'll have a review up later this month. 


 4. The Year We Fall Apart: This book was a hard one for me to rate, I'll go into why in my review (to come) but I just felt like it was missing too much for me to rate it 5 Stars/Snow Flakes. 

5. Smart Girl: This was my first Rachel Hollis book and OMG I laughed so hard I cried! And not just at one part, it was the entire book! It was a super fun, sweet read and I'll be reviewing it sometime next week! 

6. Flat Out Celeste: This is the third book I listened to this month and while it wasn't quite as good as the first book in the series, "Flat Out Love", I really liked seeing things from Celeste's point of view and I loved how it wrapped up everything for all the characters. I haven't read the "Flat Out Matt" yet which is book 1.5 in the series but its on my list. 



1. Shallow Graves: This was one of my most anticipated books of the month and it just fell short for me. I liked the idea behind it but the story itself wasn't enough to hold my attention. I'll also be review this later this month. 

2. I Remember You: Oh how I wanted so badly to love this book. Its been on my TBR since before it was released and I was so excited to read it. Sadly I ended up almost hating this book, along with the characters. I couldn't relate to the MC and the story just dragged on and on. Honestly this one should've been rated 2 Stars and I don't know why I gave it 3 on Goodreads... 


 All of my 1 "Snow Flake" books are books that I DNF. 


1. Elementals: I love stories about modern day witches and I LOVE this cover but the story just wasn't there for me.

2. Thicker Than Water: Another good concept and intriguing synopsis but it just dragged on and on and I couldn't make myself finish it. 

3. The Mystery of Hollow Places: I was actually really excited when I started this book. I went into it blind and it started off with a really interesting couple of chapters but I found myself forcing myself to pick it up and the story started to lag. 



4. Other Broken Things: I'm all for a rebellious teen with an attitude problem but oh. My. God. I hated this MC. I usually make myself read 30% before I DNF but I don't even think I made it past 15% with this book. 

5. A Madness So Discreet: A little back story on this book. I actually met Mindy McGinnis at an event before she ever started writing this book. I overheard her talking about an idea she had for her next book and I was hooked. I immediately inserted myself into the conversation to get the tentative title and possible release date. A year or two later I finally saw it on EW and I was SO EXCITED. Sadly I just couldn't get into it...

_____________________________

So there's my January Wrap Up! I feel like I had a really good reading month! I think what helped me read SO MUCH and what kept me from falling into a slump is DNF when I felt like it and not forcing myself to push through. Last year I fell into a MONTH LONG slump and it was awful so I'm trying to not let that happen again. 

Let me know what you think and I'll talk to you soon! 

Until next time,
 Ginger  

No comments:

Post a Comment