Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top 10 Songs I Wish Were Books



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is 10 Songs I Wish Were Books! 

I love this topic! If you know me then you know I can't go two minutes without listening to music, I hate silence and my very overused ipod can attest to that! 

So here are my top 10 songs that I wish had books to accompany them! 

1. Brooklyn Bridge By Lee DeWyze 

This song is beautiful and I feel like a book based on this song would just be gorgeous! 




2. Remembering Sunday By All Time Low 



I feel like this book would just be heartbreaking but I WANT IT! 

3. Car Crash By Wakey Wakey 



Are we sensing a theme yet? Can you tell I love gut wrenching songs? 

4. Awakening By Yellowcard 


I've listened to this song over 600 times in the past two years... Crazy, but its one of my all time favorites and a book would be spectacular! 

5. Drops Of Jupiter By Train 



A magic realism book based on this song?! Just take my money! 

6. Finest Hour By Gavin Degraw 



A book about a crazy night in New York with a stranger, whose name you don't even get, but it turns into the best night of your life? SOLD!

7. Indiana By Jon Mclaughlin 



A book about a guy whose glad that the girl he's in love with never loved him back because missing her would be too much... I'm thinking a box of tissues would be needed for a book based off of this song. 

8. Kiss The Rain By Thriving Ivory 



Now I know Billie Myers sang this first but I actually like the Thriving Ivory version better. Anyway I think this would make an awesome SciFi or even Fantasy book. Maybe about someone who could control the weather and use it to see their loved one? 

9. You're Beautiful By James Blunt 



A boy falls in love with a girl on the subway and goes back everyday to try and meet her? Please! Someone write this! 

10. 18th Floor Balcony By Blue October 



I LOVE this song, especially lately, I've been listening to it like crazy! I don't even know what this hypothetical book would be about but I do know I need it in my life! 

And there you have it! Let me know which songs were your favorite and PLEASE link your TTT so I can check it out and add some more songs to my playlists! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

1 comment:

  1. Great picks! I love Indiana and Awakening, so it would be really interesting to see how they worked as books :)

    Here's my list: https://bookstacksamber.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/top-ten-tuesday-songs-i-wish-were-books/

    ReplyDelete