Saturday, February 20, 2016

Unpopular Opinion Book Tag

So today I'm doing another book tag! This time it's the "Unpopular Opinion Book Tag"! 

Question #1. A popular book or series that you didn't like:

Boy oh boy did I really hated this book. If I remember right it was Reagan (on Booktube) who just raved about this book. So when Audible had it on sale for under $5.00 I snatched it up. But after listening to the whole damn book I realized just how much  I despised this book. From the writing to the characters to the weird ass story line... Ugh... 

Question #2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but that you love: 

I've talked to so many people about this book and watched so many reviews on Booktube and the majority of those people didn't like this book. Are ya'll crazy?! I just recently finished a re-read of this and I went into it telling myself to try to see it from their points of view... And let me tell you, I loved it even more the second time around! 

Question #3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you DIDN'T want them to end up with or and OTP you don't like (spoilers ahead for this one!):

Now we all know this book is loosely based off of Kate Middleton and her romance with Prince William so from the beginning I knew my OTP in this book was screwed buuut I liked Bex and Freddie together ten times more than Bex and Nick. I was really hoping there would be a nice twist at the end where she ran off with him... Sorry Nick!

Question #4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for: 

It isn't so much a specific genre as a setting that I try to stray away from but, if it's set on a boat I try not to read it. I hate reading about boat's, boat settings, endless journeys from on continent to another. It drives me crazy. I get really claustrophobic and this setting just seems to set that off in me. 

Question #5. A popular or beloved character that you don't like: 

Now wait before you freak out! When I first started reading the books I didn't like Peeta, I was very much team Gale and it took me re-reading the books and the movies to realize how much I actually loved Peeta Mellark. Now he's one of my favorite fictional characters! 



Question #6. A popular author you can't seem to get into: 

Andrea Cremer. It's not at all because I don't like her or her writing but it's more like I read the first book in her Nightshade series and I never made the time to read the rest. I hope one day I can find the time to sit down and finish the series but for now it's not a priority. 

Question #7. A popular book troupe you're tired of seeing (lost princess, corrupt ruler, love triangle): 

I don't know if this would really be considered a 'troupe' but I'm so very much over when you're reading a trilogy and the first book ends with your MC getting together with the love interest and then in the second book that love interest is complete absent for whatever reason. I feel like it all started with New Moon and it needs to stop! 

Question #8. A popular series you have no interest in reading: 

Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children

I feel like I need to hide now! This series has so much hype and so much love but to be honest.. I'm too much of a baby to read it. It looks way to spooky for my taste. 

Question #9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie" but what movie or tv show did you like better than the book?

This one is really easy for me because I strongly disliked The Maze Runner book when I read it but I really like and enjoy the movies! Its a complete 180 from the books. 

And that's it! Don't hate me too much for my unpopular opinion! 

Until next time, 
Ginger   








No comments:

Post a Comment