Monday, February 8, 2016

ARC Review of "Smart Girl"

Smart Girl 
By Rachel Hollis 

Stars: 4 
Source: NG
Release Date: January 19th 2016 

---------------------------

Miko Jin has been madly in love with Liam Ashton for an entire year. Tired of pining away over someone who barley acknowledges her existence she decides to take measures into her own hands. And the hands of romance writers everywhere. 

Using her favorite literary couples as inspiration she devises a plan to not only get Liam to notice her but to fall madly in love with her. 

But as every romance reader knows, things don't always go as planned when it comes to matters of the heart.

---------------------------------

This was my first Rachel Hollis book, and let me tell you, I was NOT prepared for the hysterical fits of laughter that accompany her writing/story. 

I don't even think I was 4 chapters in before I found myself clutching my stomach and wiping away giant tears rolling down my face, all while trying not to pee my pants. 

Trust me. It was THAT funny! 

Here's where my review gets a little... Awkward I guess?  

While I adored her writing, most of her characters and ALL of her Gilmore Girl-esque pop culture references, I didn't like Liam or Miko's relationship with Liam. 

Crazy I know! Loving a book but hating the main 'couple'. 

I'd be interested to go back and read the first two books in this series (they are all 'companion novels') and see how I feel about the previous couples mentioned but for me this one just didn't sit right with me. 

Even in the end I still felt like Liam was a jerk and that Miko deserved someone better than a player who can't settle down. 

Maybe it was just me.. 

All in all I HIGHLY recommend Rachel Hollis' writing but I probably wouldn't start with this book.  

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment