Saturday, February 28, 2015

ARC Review of "No Parking At The End Times"

No Parking At The End Times By Bryan Bliss

Stars: 3 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: February 24th 2015 

Abigail's family is falling apart, they've lost everything, their money, their possessions, their home. One minute they're living in South Carolina, the next they find themselves in San Francisco living out of their van, giving any extra cash they might stumble upon to Brother John. 


Brother John, he said the world was ending, he said he knew how to prepare people from the end, for the ultimate unknown. But so far all Brother John has done is take everything from Abigail and her family. 

When Abigail's twin brother Aaron tells her he's planning on leaving San Francisco and heading back to home she's hesitant to follow, but it doesn't take long for Aaron to change her mind. Their father isn't going to change, Brother John isn't going to change and their situation isn't getting any better. 

Torn between family loyalty and self preservation Abigail must choose to have faith in herself and whatever higher power she believes in in order to survive. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a very interesting read, it was really short so I flew through it in one sitting but it did leave me thinking afterwards. 

Mostly about how angry it makes me that their are people in this world who use religion as a way to con people out of their life savings. 

I couldn't help but shake my head at Abigail's father and think to myself "Who would believe this man? How stupid do you have to be?" But you see it on the news all the time, con artists are smart and conniving and most of the time they get away with it. 

I was hoping for a slightly more fast paced book when I started this and although I finished it rather quickly there were some parts that dragged on for me. 

I feel like it could have been a little more suspenseful, especially towards the end, and I wouldn't have minded a couple more chapters. 

But all in all it was a lovely debut and I look forward to seeing what comes next from this author. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment