Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is "Top Ten Things I Dislike When It Comes To Romance In Books" 

So I'm just going to jump right in and see if I can actually come up with 10 things. 

1. Insta-love. Puh-lease! I've had enough, move on. 

2. Cheaters. Its great if you find your 'one true love' but maybe you might want to break up with your boy/girlfriend first? Just a thought. 

3. Trilogies. When it comes to trilogies with love and or love triangles it always seems to be the same. They fall in love in book one. Something happens in book two and they can't be together and in book three everything works out and they live happily ever after. It drives me crazy! 

4. Misunderstandings. Sure you found a sketchy text, he smells like another girls perfume, you saw him out shopping with a pretty blonde, I don't want the MC to pretend like none of this happened but for heavens sake get the facts. I'm tired of the main characters lack of communication. They get mad, break it off and end all communication only to find out weeks later it was his sister or his cousin. 

5. Super hero's. I'm looking at you Oliver Queen! I recently attended a comic con where Brandon Routh was doing a panel and he said it perfectly. (I'm paraphrasing) "What's the point of saving the world if you can't enjoy it with the one you love?" I'm so damn tired of super hero's who feel the need to push away the people they love because their alter ego might put them in danger. For heavens sake make the most of what you have and stop letting fear control your life! 

Well it looks like I only have five things but bug me when it comes to romance in literature (or television). I'm sure I'm forgetting things and I'm sure not everyone agrees with mine but I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment