Monday, February 9, 2015

ARC Review of Where The Road Takes Me

Where The Road Takes Me By Jay McLean 

Stars: 4 
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: February 10th 2015 

Chloe has spent the last four years of high-school being invisible. Not because people didn't notice her but because she didn't want to be noticed. She blended in, kept to herself and never drew any unwanted- or wanted attention to herself. 

Her plan was working perfectly, with graduation just around the corner she could see the light at the end of the tunnel. She'd leave behind her life and her family and hit the road. Drive until she couldn't drive anymore. It was a perfect plan, at least in Chloe's eyes. Which is why she is less than thrilled after a run in with the schools hottest guy starts pushing her further and further into the spotlight. 

Blake Hunter can't believe that it's taken him nearly four years to notice Chloe but now that he has he finds it impossible to ignore her. Even though that's what she's asked of him. 

The more Blake tries to get to know Chloe the more she pushes him away.
She won't allow anyone to care about her, let alone love her when in the end she'll just break their hearts.  

Together they discover that sometimes even the best laid plans are often the ones best forgotten and that following their own path is the only way to fully live their lives. 

This is my second Jay McLean book (my first being More Than This) so I had very high expectations. 

While I would LOVE to give this book 5 stars for the sole fact that it is a Jay McLean book this one just didn't... Enchant me like her previous book. 

I felt like the love was too instant and the drama was too high. 

There were scenes I really enjoyed and scenes where I caught myself rolling my eyes because it was just so cliche. 

As it progressed I began to like it a little bit more, especially once *SPOILER ALERT* they hit the road. 

I was really pleased that Chloe stuck to her guns and continued on with her plan of driving off into the sunset, I felt like if she had stayed for Blake she would have regretted not leaving. 

Even though "Where The Road Takes Me" did has some flaws I still thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I looked forward to Jay's future works. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment