Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is "Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have" 

1. Shelf space. I have 3 giant bookcase, 3 small ones and 3 of those canvas book bags from Barnes and Noble and I still don't have enough space for all the books I have. 

2. Time. I often joke that I need to take a month off of work just to sit and read all my books. There are series I want to re-read and books that have been on my TBR list for YEARS and yet I keep adding more and more because I need ALL the books! 

3. Loaning out books.... I loaned out a book. Once! I remember it like it was yesterday, I was 13 and I had just finished New Moon and my friend (at the time) asked to borrow it. A week later she revealed to me that she had finished it but loan it to someone else to read... I never saw it again and I'm still bitter to this day! I don't loan out my books, no matter who you are or what our relationship is. Not happening. 

4. Money.... Why must books be so expensive??? 

5. "Hey I know you're reading but..." No! No but! I'm reading. End of sentence. Walk away. Talk to me later. I don't walk into the movie theater and sit down beside you and try to start up a conversation so why must you interrupt my book? 

6. Spoilers. For the love of novellas could you not spoil the book I'm reading? Or the book I haven't read? Or the book I have no intentions of ever reading? I recently went to a book signing and the author stood up and announced to everyone that while she would be doing a Q&A she asks that people refrain to asking questions involving spoilers... Not five minutes later a lady raises her hand and ask "Why did you kill *insert name here*?" ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME?!  

7. Books with the movie posters as the cover. I have never liked a movie cover more than the original and if I can avoid them I do. 

8. Speaking of movies. Lets take this 900 page book and make it a two hour movie and then while we're thinking about it lets take this 300 page book and turn it into two movies. STOP IT!!! 

9. Judging a book you haven't read because: It's YA. The cover is ugly. The author is young. The movie sucked. (NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S MOVIE!) If you don't want to read it don't! It's that simple. But don't make ignorant comments about a book you've never opened. 

10. And last but not least, people selling ARCS. An ARC is an advanced readers copy of a book, it may not be fully edited, the cover may change, there usually aren't acknowledgments or dedications. But one thing that all ARCS have are three little words. NOT. FOR. SALE. Yet people still try to sell them on eBay for astronomical amounts! It infuriates me! 

Rant over. Hope it wasn't too awful and that it didn't scare you away. 

 Let me know in the comments what your book related problems are or link me back to your post and I'll check it out. 

Until next time, 
Ginger



No comments:

Post a Comment