Thursday, February 26, 2015

ARC Review of "The Third Twin"

The Third Twin By C.J. Omololu 

Stars: 4
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: February 24th 2015 

Alicia is the fun twin, the outgoing twin, the one who doesn't give a damn what others think of her, she says what she thinks and she gets what she wants. Also? She doesn't exist.  

Ever since Ava and Lexi were little they've used 'Alicia' as a way to disperse the blame, to get what they want, to avoid consequences. But now they've gone too far. 

When not one but two boys 'Alicia' dated show up dead the police start pointing fingers at the twins, and when Ava adds fuel to the fire by lying to the police about who Alicia really is Lexi starts to question if Ava is somehow involved. 

This book was marketed as "Pretty Little Liars" meets "Revenge" so obviously, being a fan of both shows, that drew me in instantly. 

It was much more PPL than Revenge, Lexi wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and I'm 98% positive most of her problems could have been solved by going to the police with the truth, but honest who would read that book? 

Even though I did give it a solid 4 stars it still didn't live up to what I had built up in my head. 

The idea of 'The Third Twin' was so intriguing and mystifying but the reveal was a little Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy finds out the Oz is really just a little man behind a curtain. 

It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat up until the last couple of chapter where it started lagging a little. Sadly it just lacked the drama and suspense that the first 2/3 of the book had. 

I can't say much more without spoilers but if you're a fan of "Pretty Little Liars" I would still check it out.  

Until next time, 
Ginger  

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment