Sunday, February 8, 2015

ARC Review of My Heart And Other Black Holes

My Heart and Other Black Holes By Jasmine Warga 

Stars: 3 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: February 10th 2015 

Aysel is planning her suicide. She has made up her mind. No one can change it. There's only one problem. She's not sure she can do it by herself. 

That's where Roman comes in. One click of the mouse and they are now suicide buddies. 

Two completely different people who have a darkness inside of them so strong and so powerful that they see no way to get rid of it save for ending their lives. 

Aysel keeps the reason for her upcoming death close to her chest, she's not an open person and even when Roman shares why he's chosen this path she still keeps her secrets locked up. 

Roman's reason is simple. He blames himself for the death of his little sister. Why should he continue to live when she had her life stolen away from her? 

The closer the day they've chosen to die comes the more Aysel second guesses her choice. But can she really back out on Roman? Can she really let him die without her? Or will she be able to save both of their lives? 

This is my THIRD suicide book of the month... I can't even tell you how happy I am to be able to finish this book and move on to a light, fluffy, romance book. 

Now... I think I'm the only person who didn't like this book... 

*Ducks and runs away in a zig-zag motion*

It wasn't bad but it just wasn't my favorite. 

The writing was nice and I did like the dry humor that Warga has, Aysel and Roman were good characters and I did feel for both of them but I just didn't feel any connection to them. Even towards the ending I made myself put it down with only a few chapters left because I had read reviews that everyone cried during the last part and I was at work. Well once I got home I finished it and realized I could have read it anywhere without risk of hysterical sobs taking over my body. 

I'm not really sure what else to say. I feel like when I love a book I could go on for ages talking about it and the same when I hate a book but when I feel... Indifferent I'm not really sure how to describe it. 

It was okay, not my favorite, didn't love it, didn't hate it. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment