Sunday, November 23, 2014

ARC Review of "Watched"

Watched By C.J Lyons 

Stars: 5 
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: November 4th 

Jess is never alone. He can't roll over in bed without being watched, he can't walk down the street or take a sip of water without feeling the eyes of King on him. 

King controls Jess's life. Every aspect of it and if Jess dares to take a wrong turn, to step off of the path that King has laid out for him, than Jess puts the life of his mother and little sister in danger. 

Jess has never met King, he doesn't know what he looks like, where he lives or even his real name, all Jess knows is that King is a monster and his weapon of choice is the internet.

After years of putting up with the abuse, the blackmail and the pure fear of losing everything he loves Jess can't seem to find a way out. There's no escaping King, he watches through every camera, listens to every microphone and he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. 

Jess thinks that King has won, that no one is strong enough, smart enough or brave enough to stand up to him. To defeat him. That is until Jess gets a mysterious package in the mail. A phone and three simple words. I can help. 

I'm no hacker, I can't write a code to save my life, I'll admit that sometimes even 'Blogger' baffles me. 

But there are far brighter people out there, far more brilliant, scary, psychotic people in this world who use technology as a weapon and Lyons does a beautiful job of showing you, through the victims eyes, how easily the wrong information in the wrong persons hand can turn your life and the life of those you love upside down. 

Lyons does an amazing job of describing the horror these kids have gone through without explicitly describing it. 

"Watched" will give you chills and keep you up at night. I guarantee once your read it you'll think twice about the technology you allow into your home and you'll never leave your webcam uncovered again. 

Until next time, 
Ginger

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment