Monday, December 1, 2014

DNF December

DNF. 

Did. Not. Finish. 

I'm 23 years old. I read, on average (before starting this blog) 100 books a year. 

Before I started this blog I could count on one hand the number of books I didn't finish. 

Since starting I've added to that number, not dramatically, but it has increased. 

In the past six months I've DNF about one book a month. 

Each time I DNF I feel awful about it. 

 I hate shutting the book before making it to the end, I hate not knowing how it ends, no matter how awful I thought it was. 

I hate it when someone asks me about it and I have to reply with "Yes I read the beginning but never made it to the end." 

Mostly I hate having to email the publisher and tell them I won't be posting a review. 

I won't post this often, perhaps I'll save it for once a year, in December, but these are the books that I just couldn't get through this year. I hope to (one day) have the time to give them all another chance. 

1. I finished the first book in this series and it was just an 'okay' for me, I read the first chapter or two of this one and it just didn't keep my interest.


2. Obviously since I didn't read the second one I didn't even start this one but none the less I did have to let the publisher know I DNF it. 


3. This book took up a week of my life. I tried so hard to like it but it was so jumbled with all the different character views and the jumping between present time and past that it confused me more than anything. I read maybe 150 pages in one week...


4. Again, I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't get into, I read maybe half before setting it aside. 


5. I was so excited to be sent "US" I loved "One Day" and I was certain that "US" would be a new favorite of mine. Sadly I was wrong. It was so boring! I kept trying to push through but it became more of a chore than a treat. 


And there you have it, I know it doesn't seem like a lot and I'm sure next years post will have quite a few more (although I hope not), but those are my DNF for the year. 

Feel free to leave your DNF titles in the comment section or link your post and I'll check it out. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment