Saturday, December 20, 2014

ARC Review of "Paper Hearts"

Paper Hearts By Courtney Walsh

Stars: 2 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: January 1st 2015
Tyndale House Publishers 

Abigail Pressman's whole world revolves around her bookstore, without it she would have nothing. She spends 90% of her time at her bookstore and the other 10% thinking about it. So when her landlady sells the building to a new doctor whose just moved to town and he tells her that he needs not only the space next door, the space she's been trying to buy for an expansion, but that he also needs the space she's currently using for her shop she's devastated. 

Abigail is stressed enough without the added pressure of  the Valentine Volunteers, who carry on the towns tradition of stamping the mail with their cities romantic postmark, recruiting her. But she can't seem to find a way out. Suddenly she's stuck reading other peoples love letters and desperate pleas for love from singles all across the country. 

When she opens one paticular package she discovers handmade hearts strung on a string. Notes that one couple wrote each other throughout the year to keep their romance alive. 

When others hear about the paper hearts and start to visit her shop to see them and add their own love notes she can't help but become curious as to who the mystery couple is and what happened to them. 

Jacob, the new town doctor holds all the answers that Abigail is seeking but tensions start to grow after Abigail realizes she only has three months to find a new place for her shop or risk losing it forever and Jacob isn't sure he's ready for love after what happened last time. 

Will the paper hearts bring them together or tear them apart? 

This book was so-so for me.

 Everything about it was just 'okay'. 

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a review about a Kristan Higgins book and I compared it to all your favorite Hallmark movies rolled into one. 

This book was all my least favorite Hallmark movies rolled into one. 

It was very bland. 

I didn't care for the characters or their stories and I had to force myself to finish it. 

Sadly I didn't like anything about it. 

It kind of felt like a cheap version of "You've Got Mail" and it just wasn't for me. 

Until next time, 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment