Sunday, December 21, 2014

Review of "Dash and Lily's Book of Dares"

Dash and Lily's Book Of Dares By Rachel Cohn and David Lavithan 

Stars: 3 
Source: Purchased 
Release Date: October 26th 2010 
Publisher: Knopf Books For Young Readers 

Dash and Lily both live in New York City.

 Dash hates Christmas, Lily loves it. 

Lily loves spending time with her family while Dash would rather be alone. 

Both of them are brought together by a red Moleskine notebook. 

Dash finds the notebook in his favorite bookstore and from there sets out on an adventure spending the five boroughs. 

Trading the notebook back and forth but never meeting face to face the two get to know each other and subsequently fall for one another. 

But are they only ever meant to write their feelings and emotions in a red notebook and pass it back and forth? Will meeting shatter the illusion they have built in their minds of the other person? Or can their unique way of getting to know each other bring them closer together than either one anticipated? 

I've had this book for quite some time but I've been saving it and I'm glad I did. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it near as much as I did if it hadn't been the week before Christmas. 

I loved the idea of the notebook and the 'dares' although they weren't necessarily dares as they were clues. 

It was definitaly a cute holiday read but not one of my favorite books for the year. 

I liked the writing style of both David and Rachel combined. They make a great duo and I'll be looking into their other books. 

This is a really short review but the book itself is short so I don't feel so bad. I don't want to go into great detail and spoil the entire book. 

If you're looking for a cute, fast paced book to read on Christmas Eve then this might just be the book for you, if not I'd say skip it. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment