Thursday, December 4, 2014

"One Wish Away" Review

One Wish Away By Kelley Lynn 

Stars:2 
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: November 24th 2014 

Lyra, named after the constellation, is constantly watching the stars, talking to them, asking them advice, confiding in them. One night while gazing at them through her telescope she realizes one star is missing. When she brings up the subject to her father and aunt, both of whom work at SEAD (Space Exploration and Discovery) they brush off her comments and refuse to give her answers as to what could have happened. 

After some eavesdropping and quite a bit of snooping Lyra, along with the help of her best friend Darrren discover her father is behind the missing star and that he is working on a top secret government experiment that will change the world as we know it. 

The only problem is are they changing it for better or for worse?

I don't even know what to say about this book, I had such high hopes for it but it was a complete let down. I didn't like the characters or the story line and I found myself shaking my head at the 'plot'. 

I feel like it had such potential but it was just a giant train wreck. 

The more I read the less believable the story got and the less interesting the characters became. To top it all off it ended with a cliff hanger and there is no way I can read any follow up books. 

Sad to say but if I could wish on a star and have it come true I'd wish I wouldn't have wasted my time on this book. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment