Saturday, May 16, 2015

ARC Review of "Trouble From The Start"

Trouble From The Start 
By Rachel Hawthorne 

Stars: 5 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: April 28th 2015 

Avery didn't intend to fall for Fletcher, she didn't intend to fall for anyone but when the town bad boy blows into her life she finds herself toeing the line between right and wrong and and good and bad. 

Every summer Avery's parents take on a project, a kid who needs help in some way or another, that's how Avery's little brother came into their lives and how Fletcher is now the center of Avery's world. 

Torn between doing what she wants, letting loose, stepping out of her comfort zone or being the girl her parents expect her to be Avery must choose how she lives her life and who she allows in it. 


-------------------------------------

Any Gilmore Girls fans out there? What a silly question of course there are! 

This. Book. Is. For. You! 

Close your eyes and picture sweet, innocent, good girl Rory. Now picture bad boy, leather wearing, motorcycle riding Jess. 

The second I picked up this book I pictured Rory and Jess as Avery and Fletcher, I don't know what initially sent me in that direction but the more I read the more I couldn't deny how similar these characters were. 

What I liked about Avery's story (and what varied from Rory's, because lets me honest I'm going to run with this for the whole review) is her family, she had not only a mother and a father who were both prominent characters in the book but she had a very good relationship with her father and could open up to him about difficult situations. 

I loved her little brother. I loved how driven and focused she was. I loved how there wasn't any insta-love. I loved that Fletcher rode a motorcycle (if you're going to throw your life away he better have a motorcycle!). 

Mostly I loved Fletcher as a character. I don't want to go into too much detail but I feel like right from the start you know that he isn't just his reputation and that he really does have a good heart. I really enjoyed the chapters (however short they were) told from his point of view. 

This was my first Rachel Hawthorne book and I can say with absolute certainty that it will not be my last. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment