Thursday, January 1, 2015

Mini ARC Review of "Who Is Mackie Spence?"

Who Is Mackie Spence? By Lin Kaymer 

Stars:2 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: January 2nd 2015 

Jeremy has known Mackie all his life, but when Mackie survives a near drowning Jeremy notices strange things happening, things he can't put into words, let alone explain. 

He feels drawn to Mackie and finds himself falling in love with her and her new abilities. But Mackie's ex boyfriend isn't to fond of their new relationship and his possessiveness towards Mackie Spence has Jeremy worrying about what his next move will be. 


I was so close to DNF this book but something happened that drew me back in at the last second. 


I wasn't a fan of the mythological aspect of the story which is shocking to me because I love anything to do with mythology and Greek gods and goddess. To me it just wasn't executed well enough to keep me interested. I almost wish it had been left out completely. 


I found the relationship between Jeremy and Mackie weird, he goes on and on about how they've known each other since they were little but the back story was lacking any depth, it was as though he'd forgotten about her for the past ten years and only notices her when the story begins. And of course once he does notice her it's insta-love galore. 

This just wasn't a story for me. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment