Thursday, July 17, 2014

"Forever" Review

"Forever" By Maggie Steifvater 

I was so excited and yet so anxious to read "Forever". The 'last' book in a series always terrifies me. On one hand I don't want it to end and on the other I want every character and sub character to have their final words. I want all the loose ends wrapped up in a pretty little bow and I want to be able to close the book after reading the last page and breathe a sigh of relief. 

I want 'happily ever after'. 

Sadly we don't always get what we want. We get what we need. And "Forever" is exactly what the readers of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series needed, including myself. 

This is going to be a rather short review because I don't want to spoil the ending for the handful of people who have yet to read it. Yes I was a couple years behind in reading this series but I'm kind of glad I waited. Being able to read a series all the way through with no waiting period is ideal for me.

Now did I get the ending gift wrapped in shiny paper with a satin bow? No. Were all the loose ends taken care of? No. Did I get my happily ever after? Maybe. 

I say I want all of those things and when I get them I'm happy. I give it 5 stars and I'm on to the next book. But (and here I'm going to reference TFIOS, because, well, why not?) I'm very much like Hazel Grace, I want to know what happens 'after' I want to know that the characters still live on if only in the imagination of the author that created them. 

"Forever" gave me that sense that though the story was over for me, it was far from over for the characters. And that, in my opinion is the perfect way to end a series. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment