Wednesday, July 30, 2014

ARC Review of "Harp's Song"

"Harp's Song" By Cassie Shine 

Source: Netgalley

Stars: 4

Harp Evans is counting down the days until she turns 18, graduates highschool and is finally able to leave her abusive mother behind her. 

For as long as she can remember her mother has hated her. She has physically, emotionally and verbally assaulted her more times than Harp can count. Her Dad isn't in the picture and the only person that Harp can rely on is her best friend Conner. 

Harp spends half of her free time practicing the Cello in order to get a scholarship and move as far away from her home town as possible and the other half spending time with Conner who is the only person she can confide in when it comes to her mother.  

When old secrets are revealed and the lines between friends and something more start to blur Harp is forced to not only discover who she is and where she came from but where she'll go and who she will become because of it. 

I was happily surprised by this book, I read it in a matter of hours and although there were a couple of things that I wasn't a fan of the good truly outweighed the bad. 

I'm looking forward to reading the sequel. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 



In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment