I was so excited to be contacted by a fellow book blogger La La asking if I had under two hundred followers on my blog and if it would be okay if she nominated me for a Liebster Award.
I of course answered immediately saying I did have under 200 and I would be thrilled to be nominated.
I'm new to blogging and for those of you who, like me, had never heard of a Liebster Award, here is a little information about it.
"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs." We Love Here Blog
So eleven random facts about me.
1. I have a very unhealthy obsession with 'Supernatural'.
2. If Audrey Hepburn were still alive she would probably have a restraining order against me for the sole purpose of how many pictures of her I have in my room.
3. If you could hire someone to direct your life I would gladly give John Hughes full artistic control of my life. (Including the soundtrack)
4. I'm one of those people that looks forward to the zombie apocalypse (and not just for Daryl Dixon).
5. I'm a natural redhead but I dye it (what I like to call) 'Little Mermaid' red.
6. I've collected signed book since I was about 15. I'm up to 70+.
7. I have a six year old boxer named after my favorite football player Jerome Bettis. She's a girl but she's okay with it.
8. I'm a very aggressive driver, but only if I think you're driving like an idiot. For every person I honk at or flip off I try to do a good deed in return. Even out the scales.
9. When I was little I loved watch QVC and telling my parents what "Today's Special Value" was. I still to this day have never purchased anything from QVC.
10. I worked retail for two years and it only fueled my sarcastic nature. No just because there isn't a price tag does not mean it's free, yes you did realize we were closing when you walked in 2 minutes to close and no I will not "keep an eye" on your child while you finish shopping.
11. I love superhero movies. My go to sad movie is not "The Notebook" it is "The Dark Knight".
Here are the question La La asked me.
1. What was the first book you read by yourself?
I'm thinking it was probably a Magic Tree House book. I was addicted to them growing up. But the first book I vividly remember reading was Neal Shusterman's "Full Tilt".
2. If you changed your first name what would you change it to?
I'd probably just go by my middle name Elizabeth.
3. Which book character would be your ideal child.
Either Ramona or Junie B.
4. What is your favorite breakfast?
Left over dinner :) I'm not big on breakfast.
5. Dragons or unicorns?
Dragons all the way.
6. Favorite flower?
7. What is your favorite foreign accent?
8. Favorite literary siblings and why?
Trixie and Bobby Belden. I just adore them.
9. Which is scarier, monsters under the bed or hiding in the cellar?
Under the bed, I don't have a cellar ;)
10. What is your favorite word?
I have three.
11. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
Summer, I can't stand cold weather, I count down the days til summer starting in October.
Now for the bloggers I nominate.
Here are my 11 question for you.
1. A book that you wish had a sequel?
2. A fictional place you would like to visit?
3. Book with the biggest cliffhanger?
4. Favorite soundtrack?
5. Favorite quote?
6. Favorite series?
7. Fictional character you love to hate?
8. If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?
9. Favorite song?
10. Favorite 80's movie?
11. Author you wish you were best friends with?
Again a huge thank you to La La for nominating me!
Until next time,