Monday, December 7, 2015

Review of "The Boy Most Likely"

The Boy Most Likely To 
By Huntley Fitzpatrick 

Stars: 5
Source: Gift 

Tim Mason, boy most likely to: 

-Screw up
-Forget his own name 
-Drive his car off a bridge 
-Run out of liquor before 9am 
-Start over? 

Alice Garrett, girl most likely to: 
-Put Tim in his place 
-Shut people out
-Take on too much 
-Let someone in? 

Tim and Alice are the poster kids for opposites attract. Where Tim is the screw up of the Mason family, Alice is the responsible and reliable older sister who everyone counts on.

After the accident involving Alice's father she has had to step up into the roll of both mother and father in order to keep the household running and somewhat in order. 

Tim's father has given him a timeline to straighten out his life or he'll be forced to give Tim's college fund to his twin sister. 

Both on very different paths and yet they keep finding their way into each others arms. 

Told in alternating points of view "The Boy Most Likely To" is the book most likely to melt your heart. 

-------------------------------------

Oh Tim, sweet, adorable, lovable Tim... Wait... I'm forgetting a word used to describe him... Oh ya! Its 

How I love Tim! 

This is a giant 180 from how I felt about him in the companion novel to this book (My Life Next Door). Lets just say I wasn't his biggest fan. 


  Shocking I know! But after reading what this was about (and having complete faith in Huntley) I was dying to get my hands on this book! 

And from the first page... It was pure... 



Not only was I head over heels for Tim but I started to remember how much I adored the Garrett family! Especially Alice! 


(As you can see I already have my dream cast!)

I'm all for a cute summer romance but give me a book with witty banter, unexpected subplots and heartbreaking decisions and I'm hooked!

I know I've said this before, but, I love how all of Fitzpatricks books are centered around family. (Especially when that families last name is Garrett!) 

Am I the only one wanting another companion novel about Alice's younger sister (someone please remind me of her name)?

I swear the possibilities are endless! 

Getting back on track... 

I really enjoyed how Fitzpatrick didn't romanticize the fact that Tim was a recovering alcoholic, nor did she gloss over anything relating to his recovery process. 

It was ugly and painful and that's what the audience needed to read in order to know precisely what was going on in his head.

I'm also not a huge fan of (read I HATE) insta-romance. So the fact that Alice and Tim's relationship progressed in a slow and realistic timeline was a giant bonus! 



I can't gush enough about Tim and Alice, is there a ship name yet? Because I've already got my boarding pass and all my belongings waiting to board! 

All through the book I was rooting for them and praying to the fictional gods that they would end up together. 


Every page I would find myself reading ahead just to see if there was a kiss scene or hand holding or even a wayward glance! 

Needless to say this ended up being one of my favorite books of the year. 

I loved every sentence, word, hell every comma had be swooning and wanting more! 

"The Boy Most Likely To" is all about second chances and first loves and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

To sum it up in one word: 


Oops! Wrong gif! 

In one word: 


Whew, there we go! 

In all seriousness though, go pick up this book! You won't regret it! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment