Thursday, August 7, 2014

"Summer Demons" Review

"Summer Demons" Mia Hoddell

Source: Netgalley 

Stars: 4

Jenna Shaw is suffered a horrible tragedy, every time she closes her eyes she sees the scene replay in her head. Being near water makes it worse, almost unbearable. She thought that a vacation would help, give her a break from the guilt she feels. However her plans of sun bathing and reading by the beach are interrupted by the handsome, charismatic Ethan Brooks. 


Jenna wants nothing to do with Ethan, she came to the resort to heal and forget, not to jump head first into another relationship. 


Ethan however is persistent in his quest for Jenna. What started off as him chasing something- someone unattainable is quickly turning into an undeniable attraction that goes above and beyond a summer fling. 


Even though Ethan wasn't what Jenna was looking for maybe he'll be just what she needed in order to overcome the guilt that is slowly drowning her and the sorrow that weighs her down. 


While this was a short book I was warned about it in advance so I won't let that alter my review. Since it was so short I don't want to give anything away so all I will say is that I sincerely enjoyed the story and would have loved for it be longer. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

1 comment: