Monday, August 4, 2014

Not My Cup Of Tea ARC Review of "Virgin"

"Virgin" By Radhika Sanghani

Source: Netgalley 

Stars: 4

Release Date: August 5th

Ellie Kolstakis is 21 years old and much to her dismay she is still a virgin. 

After spending years listening to countless friends talk about their first times, friends with benefits and one night stands Ellie has had enough. 

She now has one goal and one goal only. Lose her virginity and lose it as soon as possible. 

She's over the cliches that your first time should be special and with someone you love. Screw the rose petals and the romantic music. She wants to get it over with and move on with her life. 

When she tells her friend Emma her plan and about her previously failed attempts, they both decide to start a blog vlog. Ellie will shares her worries and her insecurities and Emma (being more experienced) will share her stories and wisdom. 

Ellie's story is, in one word, hilarious. 

From the moment I picked it up I couldn't help but laugh hysterically. I loved how she could look back at something that at the time seemed disastrous and humiliating and just chuckle at it and move on. 

Her and Emma's vlog posts were probably my favorite part of the book, while writing about something most people would find embarrassing they found a way to make light of it while still answering questions and providing information to those less knowledgeable than them. 

While I thought it was a good read I felt like there was still something missing in it for me. Alas, it just wasn't my cup of tea. But it made a good tequila shot. 

Until next time,
Ginger

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment