Monday, August 25, 2014

ARC Review Of "Zomburbia"

Zomburbia By Adam J. Gallardo 

Release Date: August 26th 

Stars: 4 

Source: Netgalley 

If you know me at all you know that I am a big fan of anything having to do with Zombies. I still remember watching Dawn Of The Dead for the first time (the original, not the crappy remake) and loving every second of it. I'm addicted to The Walking Dead and I always have an escape route planned out in my head wherever I go in case the Zombie Apocalypse starts. 

Now with that being said Zombie stories are very popular right now, just like when Twilight came out and everywhere you turned you saw vampires. Which is why in my opinion it is extremely difficult to have an original story, original characters, original plot lines and flesh eating monsters. 

However Adam J. Gallardo's story grabbed my attention immediately and held on throughout the entire book. 

Courtney Hart grew up in a world infested with zombies, she knows no other life. Her goal is to one day leave her small town behind her and travel to New York to find a cure for the shufflers that plague her and those closest to her. 

In order to do that Courtney sells drugs, well a drug. Vitamin Z. Made from, you guessed it: zombie brains. All she has to do is survive the zombies, her shifts at the local burger joint and her brain dead classmates. After that she's home free, New York her shes comes. 


What instantly caught my attention was when a couple chapters into the book Courtney uttered the words "Call 911". Not only does the world still have 911 they also have electricity, super markets, libraries, police, cars and cell phones. 

I love the new take on the widely popular genre of zombies. In Courtney's story the world did not end when the dead rose from their graves. It drastically changed, yes, but it didn't end. 

I highly recommend this book, its a refreshing, original story that keeps you on the edge of your seat. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment