Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My 2016 Resolutions (In GIF's)


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is "Top Ten Resolutions For 2016"

1. I NEED to finish the Immortal Instruments series ASAP! The tv show debuts in a week and I'm still... Three books behind... 


2. Speaking of reading books I've had for years but still haven't read... My TBR shelf has turned into a TBR bookcase. I need to read the books I have before getting more.


3.No not really! But I'm sure as hell going to try to read twice as fast. Thus cutting my TBR in half while being able to buy all the pretty new books! *Side note a brand new used bookstore just opened up a block from where I work (If I ever go missing, you know where to find me!)*


4. I need, need, NEED to review books right after I read them. I fell so far behind this past year that there's no way I can remember enough about the books I read to review them. It's like I sit down to write a review about a book I read 7 days ago and I can't remember the main characters name let alone the plot lines. 


5. I want to request some physical arcs. I've been blogging for a year and a half and I need to work up the nerve to send out some emails. It shouldn't be this hard and yet I hide behind NG and EW. 


6. I need to re-read some old favorites- and not feel bad about it! There are so many great books coming out this year and there isn't enough time to read all of them but there are still some old favorites that I'd like to pick up again without feeling guilty about all my new 2016 books watching me read a book I've already read 5 times. 


7. I want to start writing. Everyday. Whether it's in a journal or working on my book. I always feel better when I'm writing, even just posting this is like stretching a muscle. Hopefully I can block out a little time each day to write. 


8. I need to read AND comment on other blogs! I get so caught up binge reading others blog posts that I never leave a comment. Some of my favorite bloggers don't even know who I am. I need to be better about saying 'Hi' and reaching out to other people in the community. 


9. Same on twitter. I spend WAY to much time on twitter and yet I don't talk to/have a ton of friends. I hate 'butting' into conversations even if it's something I'm interested in talking about (books, tv shows, Star Wars, Ryan Gosling). I always feel super awkward jumping in like...

  
10. And last but not least is a resolution I've already started working on. Planning/Blogging ahead! I'm actually writing this on December 21st. (Hello from the past!) I love blogging and I love having a couple posts go up a week but I'm awful about 'being in the mood' to blog. I can go days without feeling like blogging but if I can plan ahead and do a couple posts each day I feel like blogging then I won't fall so far behind. 


So please leave a comment below with your TTT so I can leave an awkward comment on your blog and secretly stalk you on twitter! 


Kidding. 

But really, let me know what your blogging resolutions are and I hope you all had a great New Year! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 
  





1 comment:

  1. I love the Mortal Instruments Series it's one of my favorites! I adore Cassandra Clare's writing though! i'm pretty sure she could write my to do lists and i would still love her! LOL.
    and i'm SUPER hyped for the show! although I am a little leary about some of the cast but I'm hoping they'll grow on me...
    Happy reading! and goodluck to you with your 2016 resolutions!
    Emily @ http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete